Introducing the Co-Creator Club, a dynamic 5-month virtual program with the objective of positioning BIPOC, Latinos, and LGBTQIA+ youth as co-designers of digital products. As a co-creator joining our club, you will receive:
The impact of our work
youth professionals have participated in Headstream
at YouTube, Twitch, and State Digital Equity boards have been created
user-centered and inclusive products have been co-designed with Headstream’s innovators
youth professionals either secured an internship or a part-time job or found a mentor
youth advisors consider their participation with Headstream a great addition to their college application
of innovators improved their approach to target BIPOC, Latino, and LGBTQIA+ youth communities through the youth programs
How to get involved
November 13th to
December 12th, 2023.
Youth Consultant Program
A 3-month program that empowered youth professionals to serve as consultants for national-level organizations dedicated to improving youth well-being. This initiative enabled them to actively participate in co-creation and influence key stakeholders, including state policymakers and healthcare providers.
A two-month program that united six young talents with tech professionals from the largest social media and gaming companies like YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook to create a safer online space within the tech sector.
Our 3-month virtual Incubator program empowered young talents to bring their digital ideas to life. Six teenagers across the US received lectures and hands-on experience in mental wellness, inclusive design, business essentials, and purposeful design.
Apply Today and Become a Co-Creator in 2024!
The Co-Creator Club is a 5-month virtual program that aims to empower BIPOC, Latinos, and LGBTQIA+ youth to play an integral role in shaping digital products. Through this initiative, we are harnessing the collective wisdom gained from our past initiatives. When you become a co-creator and join our club, you'll enjoy the following benefits
- Financial Support: Get a $2000 stipend for your active participation in a 5-month virtual program
- Co-create: Work with innovators who are crafting a digital product dedicated to enhancing teen wellness in one of the three key domains: social technology, education tech, and digital health
- Explore: Dive into meaningful dialogues with your innovators, delivering purposeful feedback to ensure their innovations resonate, engage, and genuinely serve youth
- Grow: Immerse yourself in the Headstream community, actively engaging in workshops and embracing a growth mindset as you journey through your role as a youth co-creator
- Inspire: Let your experience inspire you to sculpt the future you envision
- Lead: Cultivate invaluable skills and assets, equipping you to become a respected thought leader offering perspective and value to your community
- To be responsive within 48 hours to your innovator or a member of the Headstream team
- Complete any pre or post-work provided by your innovators or Headstream team
- Speak your mind, share constructive be upfront with your feedback, and freely express and share your thoughts on the innovation
- Forge meaningful connections and build strong relationships with your innovator
- Bring yourself and your enthusiasm to the program, fully engaging as a member of the vibrant Headstream community
- Embrace open-mindedness and foster empathic connections and dialogue with fellow youth co-creators
- Come with your passions, experiences, and ideas, ready to spark positive changes and enhance the youth experience in digital spaces
Time Commitment: 7-8 hours total
- (1 hour) Weekly Workshops: Engage in various activities such as building leadership skills, co-creating with an innovator, participating in roundtable discussions, or attending workshops.
- (1.5/monthly) Independent Work: We recommend dedicating a minimum of 1.5 hours per month for pre and post-work that we send out via email.
- (1-2 hours/weekly) Thought Leadership Activities: Participate in panels, contribute to discussions, or share your insights with the Headstream community.
- Additional Opportunities: Open to you according to your personal desire!
Join Us If You Are
- Somebody who not only meets expectations but loves to push boundaries with their ideas
- A hard worker with a sprinkle of curiosity, color, and vibrancy with a dash of love for learning and making an impact
- You don’t have to be the social butterfly of the group, you just gotta be your authentic self
- A dedicated team player who's always up for the challenge
- An optimist, seeing the digital realm as the playground for a brighter future in teen well-being
- Always ready to dive headfirst into brainstorming, ready to cook up some wildly innovative and imaginative ideas
- Fearless in voicing their opinions - we want to let's hear what's on your mind!
- Maybe you have an interest in being a creator or want to learn more about entrepreneurship, innovation, the future of technology, and overall youth wellness
- Young people from all backgrounds (ages 13-19)
- Currently reside in the U.S.
- High school and college students are welcome to apply